Ammunition choice
-
Carol308
- Newbie

- Posts: 16
- Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:14 am
Ammunition choice
Shot placement critical - understood
Getting similar accuracy out of both
Would your choice be 150gr Barnes TTSX or 180gr Swift A-Frame
BWB and Eland
Bushveld
Getting similar accuracy out of both
Would your choice be 150gr Barnes TTSX or 180gr Swift A-Frame
BWB and Eland
Bushveld
- tripodmvr
- Administrator

- Posts: 21608
- Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:31 pm
Re: Ammunition choice
If you have already acquired both then either would do. If you are still deciding then the price would tell me to use the Barnes.
-
Sako75
- Hero Member

- Posts: 1230
- Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:50 pm
Re: Ammunition choice
Which calibre?
- LongWolf
- Hero Member

- Posts: 832
- Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:39 pm
Re: Ammunition choice
http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s648/Longwolf43/20130402_202128_zpsafe692b1.jpgCarol308 wrote:Shot placement critical - understood
Getting similar accuracy out of both
Would your choice be 150gr Barnes TTSX or 180gr Swift A-Frame
BWB and Eland
Bushveld
knives@wolfjager.co.za
Francois
Francois
- Francois Marais
- Administrator

- Posts: 4042
- Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 11:40 pm
Re: Ammunition choice
Looks to be a 308 Win.....
Keep well
Francois
Keep well
Francois
-
Carl
- Hero Member

- Posts: 4793
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:09 pm
Re: Ammunition choice
Barnes. If you develop loads for the Barnes you wil end up with very nice all round ammo for other applications. If I remember your 308 is the Winchester and not the caliber. By using Barnes you will have something for lighter game and longer distances.
- tripodmvr
- Administrator

- Posts: 21608
- Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:31 pm
Re: Ammunition choice
Barnes is better
-
mariusr
- Hero Member

- Posts: 2995
- Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:11 am
Re: Ammunition choice
Carol I wil also go for Barnes ! A frame is good but far to expensive but you can also look at Rhino bullets better than A frame I think much cheaper and it is local made!
- Andrew Leigh
- Sr. Member

- Posts: 439
- Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:29 am
Re: Ammunition choice
That rather impressive I assume it is your recovered bullet? Did it hit any bone at all?tripodmvr wrote:Barnes is better
- tripodmvr
- Administrator

- Posts: 21608
- Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:31 pm
Re: Ammunition choice
No, it is one I downloaded from the forum. Think it was Gerhard who showed it in a thread. Here is one I killed a BWB with. The target is of 130gr TTSX - 4 shots in the group still doing load development. Now you see why they say that about Barnes - djy wiet mos.Andrew Leigh wrote:That rather impressive I assume it is your recovered bullet? Did it hit any bone at all?tripodmvr wrote:Barnes is better
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Andrew Leigh
- Sr. Member

- Posts: 439
- Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:29 am
Re: Ammunition choice
Eish, not to hijack the thread but it makes for a convincing argument. Off hunting in late June, I feel some mono load development coming on. Will PM you before I buy.

