Thoughts on the .204 Ruger
-
yeti
- Full Member

- Posts: 236
- Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:27 pm
Thoughts on the .204 Ruger
Anyone got a .204 or thinking of getting one?
I was seriously considering getting a .223 rem to 'play" around with
A lot cheaper to reload and shoot than my .308 and little recoil for the kids and missus
Then I was introduced to Miss 204 !
What a lovely little number
It seems to me that its only short cumming to the .223 is the variety of bullet weights, particularly anything over 40 grains, yet from what Ive heard and read the 204 more than makes up for its lack of weight with its speed.
barrel life if not pushed to its max, will apparently outlast the 223
Please share your thoughts, experience with this cal
My app gets handed in tomorrow
I was seriously considering getting a .223 rem to 'play" around with
A lot cheaper to reload and shoot than my .308 and little recoil for the kids and missus
Then I was introduced to Miss 204 !
What a lovely little number
It seems to me that its only short cumming to the .223 is the variety of bullet weights, particularly anything over 40 grains, yet from what Ive heard and read the 204 more than makes up for its lack of weight with its speed.
barrel life if not pushed to its max, will apparently outlast the 223
Please share your thoughts, experience with this cal
My app gets handed in tomorrow
- Roger
- Hero Member

- Posts: 1235
- Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:18 am
Re: Thoughts on the .204 Ruger
Hi Yeti, I went the 223 route, but some guys here should be able to help you. After battling with ammo for my 375Ruger I decided to steer clear of newish calibers.
Roger!
Roger!
Too many to mention ;-)
- Hugov
- Hero Member

- Posts: 684
- Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 8:06 am
Re: Thoughts on the .204 Ruger
Hello Yeti, I was seriously interested in buying a 204 Ruger, but for the life of me I could not find anyone with stock.
Apparently there is a shipment coming in middle next year sometime.....
Cheers H
Apparently there is a shipment coming in middle next year sometime.....
Cheers H
- Geno
- Administrator

- Posts: 13649
- Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:05 pm
Re: Thoughts on the .204 Ruger
Cuan,
Here's a few pics with kills made by my .204
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/600530_200173213474687_1791715746_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/600530_200173216808020_839872127_n.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49750262/Jackal/20130706_222926.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1069933_204737626351579_1361979241_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/993937_204738013018207_511961047_n.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49750262/Hunting/20130601_130509.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49750262/Hunting/20130601_142913.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49750262/Hunting/20130601_124409.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/262311_10151166728957996_1636727388_n.jpg
Also,
This thread got me hooked on the calibre:
204 RUGER
Enjoy this awesome little calibre!
Here's a few pics with kills made by my .204
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/600530_200173213474687_1791715746_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/600530_200173216808020_839872127_n.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49750262/Jackal/20130706_222926.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1069933_204737626351579_1361979241_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/993937_204738013018207_511961047_n.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49750262/Hunting/20130601_130509.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49750262/Hunting/20130601_142913.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49750262/Hunting/20130601_124409.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/262311_10151166728957996_1636727388_n.jpg
Also,
This thread got me hooked on the calibre:
204 RUGER
Enjoy this awesome little calibre!
Goed, beter, 6millimeter!
- Capt. Yoda
- Hero Member

- Posts: 13590
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:35 pm
Re: Thoughts on the .204 Ruger
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/600530_200173213474687_1791715746_n.jpg
Hy da is Fanie weer!
Cuan if that rifle is anything like your .308 you will have a featherweight champion
Hy da is Fanie weer!
Cuan if that rifle is anything like your .308 you will have a featherweight champion
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
-
yeti
- Full Member

- Posts: 236
- Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:27 pm
Re: Thoughts on the .204 Ruger
Man I cant wait
Put in my app yesterday ! ! !
I think I was lucky
There was one savage in 223 available and one 204 ruger (savage) available
The .223 was sold leaving the .204 at the old stock price
after chatting with Geno ,I decided to GO FOR IT !
In my typical fashion, I am doing my fanatical research after the purchase
So far everything looks very impressive
Seems this little guy packs a punch way beyond its weight class
I reckon a 5.0 mm air rifle pellet in front of a Small rifle Magnum primer could be a lot of fun for rats !
Put in my app yesterday ! ! !
I think I was lucky
There was one savage in 223 available and one 204 ruger (savage) available
The .223 was sold leaving the .204 at the old stock price
after chatting with Geno ,I decided to GO FOR IT !
In my typical fashion, I am doing my fanatical research after the purchase
So far everything looks very impressive
Seems this little guy packs a punch way beyond its weight class
I reckon a 5.0 mm air rifle pellet in front of a Small rifle Magnum primer could be a lot of fun for rats !
- G-force
- Hero Member

- Posts: 2350
- Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:31 pm
Re: Thoughts on the .204 Ruger
You will not be sorry Cuan.Congrats.
Klein klein jakkalsies krap
En daai klein klein jakkalsies maak
Dat ek in my stoel rondkrioel
Is dit hoe n broek vol miere voel?
En daai klein klein jakkalsies maak
Dat ek in my stoel rondkrioel
Is dit hoe n broek vol miere voel?
-
yeti
- Full Member

- Posts: 236
- Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:27 pm
Re: Thoughts on the .204 Ruger
Ge, hows that pig?
Awesome stuff !
Awesome stuff !
- G-force
- Hero Member

- Posts: 2350
- Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:31 pm
Re: Thoughts on the .204 Ruger
My daughter klapped that pig with one shot to the coconut.yeti wrote:Ge, hows that pig?
Awesome stuff !
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JlcdfoIAjnQ
Klein klein jakkalsies krap
En daai klein klein jakkalsies maak
Dat ek in my stoel rondkrioel
Is dit hoe n broek vol miere voel?
En daai klein klein jakkalsies maak
Dat ek in my stoel rondkrioel
Is dit hoe n broek vol miere voel?
-
yeti
- Full Member

- Posts: 236
- Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:27 pm
Re: Thoughts on the .204 Ruger
Im up for adoption if you have space !
- G-force
- Hero Member

- Posts: 2350
- Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:31 pm
Re: Thoughts on the .204 Ruger
You too long for the cot boet.yeti wrote:Im up for adoption if you have space !
Klein klein jakkalsies krap
En daai klein klein jakkalsies maak
Dat ek in my stoel rondkrioel
Is dit hoe n broek vol miere voel?
En daai klein klein jakkalsies maak
Dat ek in my stoel rondkrioel
Is dit hoe n broek vol miere voel?
- JPS
- Hero Member

- Posts: 3652
- Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:31 pm
Re: Thoughts on the .204 Ruger
Yeti,
Had a couple of shots with Geno's 204 Saturday, Must say I am sold on this caliber as well. Sweet little shooter this. If I find one I will more than likely take it.
Had a couple of shots with Geno's 204 Saturday, Must say I am sold on this caliber as well. Sweet little shooter this. If I find one I will more than likely take it.

