Page 1 of 1
Hornady Interlock
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:05 pm
by Carol308
Would like to hear some opinions on 150g Hornady Interlock vs PMP Pro-AMM for plainsgame, for up to BWB size. Similar price, availability and accuracy good. From what I've read the two bullet types are also the same (core and jacket locked together). Or is there a distinct reason for shooting the one over the other? Perhaps the one advantage that I can see is that the Hornady Interlock is a boattail but at ranges under 200m this is hardly a factor.
I understand a "premium" or bonded bullet is better but I'm comfortable shooting these and get good accuracy. I also don't reload so options like Barmes TTSX or Rhino are not on the cards.
Re: Hornady Interlock
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:12 pm
by VdWalt
Hornady Interlock and PMP brown box are more on the same
level. I think the Pro-Amm one notch better.
If you have to shoot these I would say go up to 180gr.
Re: Hornady Interlock
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:52 pm
by BRNO (Pierre)
Rather Hornady Interbond. Hulle loop baie mooi, maar nie seker of hulle in fabrieks ammo kom nie. Ek sal oor konstandheid, liewers die Hornady bo die PMP in elk geval aanbeveel.
Re: Hornady Interlock
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:39 pm
by Frederik
Go past 2550 fps and then your bullet will not perform the way you want for wildebeest I would rather consider a heavier bullet.
Hornady work but keep the velocity low.
Re: Hornady Interlock
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:18 pm
by 243Songdaug
Carol, I'll pic the PMP Pro-amm over the Interlock, theis construction is most definatily not the same, as the Pro-amm is surposed to have a much thicker jacket than the Interlock.
Dis egter net my persoonlike voorkeur. Ek herlaai en skiet TTSXe uit my 308.
Re: Hornady Interlock
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:43 pm
by VdWalt
I never had a 308 but I still thought he should be able to handle
200 meters with a 180gr @ +-2550fps without too much of a drop?
Re: Hornady Interlock
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:07 pm
by 243Songdaug
If the hunter makes use of a rangefinder and knows the trajectory it changes the whole ballgame.
Re: Hornady Interlock
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:10 pm
by 243Songdaug
I forgot to mention - I sometimes shoot headshots.....but its just sometimes.
Re: Hornady Interlock
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:29 pm
by VdWalt
Carol308 het gesĂȘ hy skiet onder 200 m. Dan is dit seker nie nodig om hom op
200m te zero nie. Ek skiet 165gr mono in my 300. So persoonlik
so ek ook eerder na 150TSX of GMX gekyk het as ek n 308 gehad het.
Re: Hornady Interlock
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:49 pm
by 243Songdaug
Sorry man, dan is ek mos nou besig om die ou van die wal af te help. Verskoning.