My Musgrave (7x64)

Any questions regarding Musgrave, the historyand their hunting rifles here/ Enige vrae aangaand die geskiedenis van Musgrave en hulle jaggewere

Moderator: Global Moderator

jrtaylor11235813

My Musgrave (7x64)

Post by jrtaylor11235813 »

Hallo almal

I just wanted to share my rifle with you all and maybe see if I can find out more about the history of the rifle. I bought the rifle from my BIL who had moved away from farming and rather wanted to buy a boat (a small boat). Anyway, he bought it from a farmer in 'maritzburg who had it for years as far as I know.

It's a Musgrave! 7x64, I believe it is a Mod 90, but open to correction. I already love this gun, can't see myself parting with it. :)

The number on the barrel is L90 0001. Not sure what the L stands for? But I believe the 90 is for Mod 90. Also, 0001 does that mean it is the first in this model and caliber produced?

Barrel is ~22in long, holds 5 rounds in the magazine, has a safety which is a bit tight but works ok.

I will try post some photos below.
JR
jrtaylor11235813

Re: My Musgrave (7x64)

Post by jrtaylor11235813 »

Some picsImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A325F using Tapatalk

JR
Lategan1

Re: My Musgrave (7x64)

Post by Lategan1 »

JR, if it is too much trouble to do both, nl shooting it and researching the history, I will gladly relief you of the rifle and you pursue with the history section. O0

Check the board index on forum home page. See sections relating to Musgrave and related questions with nice info.

Nice rifle and caliber!

Beste.
Jaggewere, haelgewere, rewolwers, jakkelskyk 8)

Return to “Musgrave Questions/ Musgrave Vrae”