"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, ..."

TFDADD

"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, ..."

Post by TFDADD » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:57 pm

"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us." ~ 2 Corinthians 4:7 -

CHRIST IS THE TREASURE IN YOU

The verse tells us that we have “this treasure” in earthen vessels. Who is the treasure? Christ! Who are the earthen vessels here? You and I! Thank God the treasure is in the earthen vessels.

My friend, Christ the treasure is in you. So don’t get frustrated when you see your “earthiness.” You will always be “earthen” as long as you are in your mortal body, but remember that Christ the treasure is in you.

Should you lose your cool with your spouse or children, remember that Christ in you is your patience. When I feel impatient, I don’t pray, “Lord Jesus, give me patience...now!” No, I look to Jesus and I say, “Lord Jesus, I thank You that You are my patience.”

In my younger days and even when I first got married, I had a bad temper. I tried all sorts of anger management techniques, but I never got very far until I told God, “God, I am so frustrated trying to overcome my anger. I give up! I cannot. You can. I rest and depend on You.” Not too long after that, my wife commented, “You know, you have improved in the area of your temper.”

I thought about what she had said and realized that I was not even conscious of the change in me. When family members can see the patience of Christ manifesting through a naturally impatient person, God gets the glory.

Perhaps you are frustrated with your smoking and drinking habits. Or maybe you are discouraged by your feelings of jealousy, distrust, bitterness, depression and defeat. Don’t condemn yourself for being earthen. Don’t try to “cast out” your earthiness. Just realize that you have Christ the treasure in you.

The more you see that treasure in you, the more Christ’s brilliance shines forth in you. And in the midst of your earthiness, God gets the glory as you yourself are transformed from glory to glory (see 2 Corinthians 3:18)!
Baie van ons dink dat al God se beloftes en seëninge aan ons in Sy Woord, is net van toepassing op ons in die hiernamaals !!!
Dinge soos genesing van ons siektes - erge siektes soos kankers, ander ongeneeslike siektes, liggaamlike gebreke en noem maar op.
Voorsiening in ons behoeftes, verligting van finansiële laste, ens.
Kortom, net mooi alles wat ons lewens hier op aarde onaangenaam en ondraaglik maak.

Nou kyk nou wat leer ons hier direk uit God se Woord uit:
"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us." ~ 2 Corinthians 4:7
Anders gestel:
Don’t try to “cast out” your earthiness. Just realize that you have Christ the treasure in you.
God se beloftes en seëninge aan ons is hier in ons aardse bestaanstyd daar vir ons, ons moet net besef dat: " ... you have Christ the treasure in you."

Dankie Jesus.
Amen.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion,
they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. ~ John Adams.

We are honest, trustworthy and reliable.

6mmMusgrave

Re: "But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, ..."

Post by 6mmMusgrave » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:53 am

Baie dankie. Amen

Wildjagter

Post by Wildjagter » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:03 am

Amen. Dankie vir die deel

partner

Post by partner » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:41 pm

Pragtig. Baie dankie. Waardeer elke 1.

Ds J

Post by Ds J » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:06 pm

Dit is n groot troos om te besef dat ons gebrokenheid en feilbaarheid juis die krag van God beter na vore laat kom.

Die teksverse wat daarop volg maak vir ons die res duidelik:

In alles word ons verdruk, maar ons is nie terneergedruk nie; ons is verleë, maar nie radeloos nie; vervolg, maar nie verlate nie; neergewerp, maar nie vernietig nie. Gedurig dra ons die doding van die Here Jesus in die liggaam om, sodat ook die lewe van Christus in ons liggaam openbaar kan word. Want altyd word ons wat lewe, oorgelewer in die dood om Jesus wil, sodat ook die lewe van Jesus in ons sterflike vlees openbaar kan word. 

Geloof maak nie dat ons die swaar paaie mis nie, dit maak dat ons oorleef.

Return to “General/Algemeen”