CZ75 safety

Muller88

CZ75 safety

Post by Muller88 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:12 pm

Good evening,

I recently got my CZ75 after the long wait and although I am extremely happy with it, the only thing that is odd and should definitely not operate the way it does is when you cock the hammer and put the safety on and the gun is then on single action, I assume releasing the safety with your thumb should be a fairly effortless movement, but in this case to put the safety on is not an issue and works well but releasing the safety again is not and requires quite a bit of force to get it down so you are live to fire.

Why would this be and how can I sort this issue out?

Appreciate some experts advise

Grobbieb

Re: CZ75 safety

Post by Grobbieb » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:29 am

There is a small spring and small piece of metal that needs to be lined up correctly when the safety is installed.

When I had issues with one I was fixing the plate position was the issue.

Once I fixed that it worked great.

Be careful, if you remove the safety the little plate can jump anywhere and will be gone. Work inside box or something to keep it from disappearing

What model CZ do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muller88

Post by Muller88 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:48 am

Oh ok I have tried removing that to be honest. I have a CZ75 (pre B). Pic below. Would I need any special tools do get this done?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fano

Post by Fano » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:24 pm

Hi Muller, from where are you? Maybe there is someone experienced on the forum in your vicinity that could give you a hand. The procedure described by Grobbie is simple enough once one has figured it out, but it may take a while to get there. I got my Shadow with two sets of safeties, a flat one which was installed and the "normal" one in the box which I then installed myself. Maybe you can check if there is a youtube video discussing how to change safeties on a cz, the small pieces referred to above should definitely come into the discussion. I have a 75 pre B as well and it works the same.

alecjohnson

Post by alecjohnson » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:47 am

No special tools, punch and SMALL hammer and small flathead screwdriver. remove slide, lift the spring out of the slot from sear side that lock the safety release in place, tap out the safety mechanism.

Muller88

Post by Muller88 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:18 pm

Hi Fano, I am situated in Brackenfell Cape Town area. If you know of someone please do let me know. I will see if I can find something online that explain how it's done. Just don't want to damage anything because of my lack of experience. But thanks Alec your explanation seems quite straightforward so I will see what I can do. All the best and thanks Gents

Marius@J

Post by Marius@J » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:28 pm

Die pre B se knippie sit aan die buitekant van die raam, soos op Grobbie se skets, nie aan die binnekant soos die Shadow s'n nie. Dit is moeilik om die outjie op sy plek te hou terwyl jy die veiligheidsknip in posisie skuif, en mens kan nogal sukkel. Ek sal dit nie probeer sonder om die hamerveer te laat sak nie. Dit is die groot veer wat agter in jou hef sit - daar is baie videos wat wys hoe om dit te doen.

Jy sal sien daar is gaatjies in die veiligheidsknip en in die stuiter (plunger). Jy kan iets soos 'n skuifspeld deur die twee druk om die twee belyn te hou terwyl jy die veiligheidsknip terugskuif.

Grobbieb

Post by Grobbieb » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:06 pm

Hierdie het my baie gehelp

http://apexgunsmithing.com/disassembly- ... -75-pre-b/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muller88

Post by Muller88 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:23 pm

Dankie manne! Ek het dit reggekry en die safety werk nou soos hy veronderstel is!! Waardeer almal se insette. Goed gaan en veilig wees

Return to “HandWapen/Handgun”